Mark Twain writing in Following the Equator (also known as More Tramps Abroad), published in 1897, about his tour of the British Empire two years earlier.
The Bias of History
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Follow Atkins Bookshelf on WordPress.com
If you enjoy reading Bookshelf, please consider making a one-time donation via a secure PayPal payment. You can increase amount by clicking on arrows to the left of the credit card icons (number in box is a multiple of $10; e.g. 2 x $10 = $20; 3 x $10 = $30).
- Famous Misquotations: A Civilization is Measured by How It Treats Its Weakest Members
- What is the Word for Two Bad Choices?
- Shakespeare the Pop Song Writer
- How Much Did O.J. Simpson Pay His Lawyers?
- Deke's Poem from 11.22.63: We Did Not Ask for This Room or This Music
- What Was the Letter Read at the Trump Inauguration?
- The Comfort of Reading During Difficult Times
- The Meaning of I Dreamed a Dream
- To Live is to Suffer, to Survive is to Find Meaning in Suffering
- What Word Has the Most Rhymes?