Mark Twain writing in Following the Equator (also known as More Tramps Abroad), published in 1897, about his tour of the British Empire two years earlier.
The Bias of History
This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 at 7:51 PM and tagged with history quotes, quotes about history and posted in Quotations. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Follow Bookshelf on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Who Wrote the Song "The Christmas Guest"?
- The Meaning of I Dreamed a Dream
- Best Quotes from A Christmas Story
- What is the Word for Two Bad Choices?
- The Story Behind Same Old Lang Syne by Dan Fogelberg
- What Word Has the Most Rhymes?
- How Many People Read the Harry Potter Books?
- Best Books About Books for Book Lovers: 2017
- What is the Longest Book Title in the World?
- Words Invented by Dickens