When bibliophiles are hunting for their Holy Grail, many times Amazon.com and Abebooks.com will not suffice; at that point, many turn to BookFinder.com, an independent subsidiary of AbeBooks, which in turn is owned by Amazon.com (as of 2008). Bookfinder is able to search the inventories of more than 150,000 independent booksellers from more than 50 countries around the world, giving the bibliophile instant access to more than 150 million books. Once a book is found, the customer can buy the book directly from the original bookseller without having to pay Bookfinder a fee.
In 2014, book lovers were on the hunt for 10 very diverse titles from a wide range of genres. As in past years, books by Stephen King and Madonna’s infamous sex book rank high on the list.
1. On the Psychology of Military Incompetence (1976) by Norman F. Dixon
2. Lovely Reed: An Enthusiast’s Guide to Building Bamboo Fly Rods (1998) by Jack Howell
3. Sex (1992) by Madonna
4. The Body (2008) by Stephen King
5. Rage (1977) by Stephen King
6. The Colorado Kid (2005) by Stephen King
7. The Road We Are Traveling: 1914-1942 (1942) by Stuart Chase
8. On the Nature and Existence of God (1991) by Richard M. Gale
9. 365 Bedtime Stories (1955) by Nan Gilbert
10. Collector’s Guide to Colt .45 Service Pistols (1998) by Charles W. Clawson