This post is dedicated to my wife and soulmate, celebrating an amazing journey that began more than two decades ago.
Along the journey of life, once you have discovered who you are and what you want to do, the next most important discovery is the person with whom you will share it. If your are very fortunate (or believe in destiny) you will find a life partner or soulmate that will walk with you until you take your final breath.
Although the terms “life partner” and “soulmate” are often used interchangeably, Carmen Harra, a clinical psychologist and relationship expert, believes there a significant difference between the two. “Your soulmate makes you feel entirely whole, healed, and intact — like no piece is missing from the puzzle. A life partner, on the other hand, can be a great support and companion, but is limited in their capacity to enrich your spirit.”
According to Harra, there are ten indicators that you have found your soulmate:
1. The love of soulmates is ineffable.
2. Soulmates feel that they have met one another before or feel like they already know one another.
3. Soulmates see eye-to-eye on most everything and feel comfortable agreeing to disagree.
4. Soulmates are more accepting of one another’s imperfections
5. The relationship of soulmates is more intense than normal relationships.
6. Soulmates feeling intrinsically linked, with an “us against the world” attitude.
7. Soulmates are are mentally inseparable (able to finish one’s sentence or know what the other is feeling or needs).
8. Soulmates feel secure and protected.
9. Soulmates cannot imagine their lives without one another.
10. Soulmates look into one another’s eyes when talking, more often that other couples.
For further reading: http://www.rebellesociety.com/2013/10/21/soulmate-or-life-partner/