From Evolutionary Agents (1979) by Timothy Leary (1920-1996), American psychologist, writer, and Harvard professor, who experimented with LSD. Two of his best known studies, the Concord Prison Experiment and the Marsh Chapel Experiment, were controversial for their use of LSD and psilocybin even though they were for therapeutic purposes. During the 1960s, Leary was arrested for drug use and possession 36 times. Later in his career, Leary switched his attention from LSD to modern technology; in the 1990s, he proclaimed “the PC is the LSD of the 1990s,” accurately predicting the widespread addiction to digital devices that we witness today.
The Cause of Suffering
This entry was posted on Monday, October 3rd, 2016 at 5:22 PM and tagged with best timothy leary quotes and posted in Quotations. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Follow Bookshelf on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- The Meaning of I Dreamed a Dream
- Deke's Poem from 11.22.63: We Did Not Ask for This Room or This Music
- What is the Word for Two Bad Choices?
- Countries with Five-Letter Names
- What is the Longest Book Title in the World?
- How Much Did O.J. Simpson Pay His Lawyers?
- What Word Has the Most Rhymes?
- What is the Longest Tongue Twister?
- What is the Declaration of Independence Worth?
- The Story Behind the Cat's in the Cradle by Harry Chapin