My first book, Serendipitous Discoveries from the Bookshelf, is now available in paperback and on Kindle. It is the perfect gift for a booklover, literature aficionado, word lover, student, teacher, or writer. Serendipitous Discoveries from the Bookshelf was written and designed by a bibliophile for bibliophiles. It is a beautifully designed and eloquent homage to books, reading, and lifelong learning. The book presents over 100 thoughtful and witty essays filled with fascinating insights, inspiring passages and parables, eloquent quotes about books and reading, valuable life lessons, fascinating rare English words, and arcane literary facts. I take the reader on a captivating and inspiring guided tour — through the world of books, literature, words, phrases, wisdom, education, quotations, movies, music, and trivia — to share fascinating serendipitous discoveries from years of book collecting, reading, and research to inspire critical thinking and lifelong learningB. I hope you take a moment to browse the “Look Inside” feature on Amazon and consider purchasing it for yourself or as a gift for a book lover in your life. If you purchase it, please accept my deepest gratitude for choosing my book and supporting my labor of love. And please drop me a note and share your thoughts about the book. The book can be ordered here.
New Book: Serendipitous Discoveries From the Bookshelf
Comments are disabled.
- Follow Atkins Bookshelf on WordPress.com
If you enjoy reading Bookshelf, please consider making a one-time donation via a secure PayPal payment. You can increase amount by clicking on arrows to the left of the credit card icons (number in box is a multiple of $10; e.g. 2 x $10 = $20; 3 x $10 = $30).
- Famous Misquotations: A Civilization is Measured by How It Treats Its Weakest Members
- What is the Word for Two Bad Choices?
- What Word Has the Most Rhymes?
- How Much Did O.J. Simpson Pay His Lawyers?
- Words with Letters in Alphabetical Order
- Famous Misquotations: To Live is to Suffer, to Survive is to Find Meaning in Suffering
- What is the Meaning of "Wax On, Wax Off"?
- Epithets of Famous People
- Deke's Poem from 11.22.63: We Did Not Ask for This Room or This Music
- The Meaning of I Dreamed a Dream